Friday, August 28, 2009
You never need to add rum, but it's a nice dash of flavor!
From my buttery fingers. (mybutteryfingers.blogspot.com/)
30ml + 3tbsp Water (measured separately)
300g Strawberries, hulled and halved
2 tsp Lemon Juice
*Amounts of sugar and lemon juice can be adjusted accordingly to suit the strawberry's sweetness or tartness
1. Place the 3tbsp water in a small, microwaveable bowl and sprinkle on the gelatine. Leave for it to bloom.
2. In a small saucepan, place the sugar and the remaining water and cook until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
3. Place the strawberries, lemon juice, rum and the cold syrup into a blender. Whizz until the the mixture is homogeneous. Transfer into a large bowl.
4. Place the gelatine mixture into the microwave and heat it on medium for around 30 seconds (or less) until the gelatine is thoroughly dissolved. Slowly mix it into the strawberry mixture.
5. Place the bowl on top of an ice bath and cool, stirring occasionally. The mixture should thicken slightly.
6. Churn the mixture for around 20 minutes or until frozen